GeoBizOps.com ® is the “World’s Largest Small Business Aggregator” providing Organizations of all types & sizes an Online Meeting & Marketplace to “Launch, Grow and/or Jumpstart their Businesses & Non-Profits.” Our Members also save a substantial amount of time & money on everyday purchases while showcasing their Products & Services to Buyers globally.
We are looking for a Controller to develop accounting policies and oversee all financial procedures of our company.
What does a Controller do?
As a Controller, you’ll monitor the company’s financial status, review quarterly and annual budgets and manage accounting transactions. To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and experience with risk management.
Ultimately, you’ll make sure we comply with accounting regulations, maximize profits and mitigate risks.
– Document, monitor and update accounting policies
– Ensure all payments are completed on time (including accounts payable and bank deposits)
– Review quarterly and annual budgets for all departments
– Analyze costs and profits
– Set and track financial KPIs
– Build risk assessment models to evaluate investments
– Report on financial status on a regular basis and create ad-hoc reports when needed
– Maintain accurate and up-to-date filing systems
– Perform internal audits and assist with external audits
– Ensure compliance with accounting and tax regulations
– Work experience as a Controller or similar role
– Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, procedures and legislation
– Hands-on experience with general ledger accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
– Experience with cash management and risk assessment
– Good knowledge of accounting software
– Attention to detail
– Ability to work with tight deadlines
– BSc or MSc in Accounting or Finance
– CPA or CMA preferred