GeoBizOps.com ® is the “World’s Largest Small Business Aggregator” providing Organizations of all types & sizes an Online Meeting & Marketplace to “Launch, Grow and/or Jumpstart their Businesses & Non-Profits.” Our Members also save a substantial amount of time & money on everyday purchases while showcasing their Products & Services to Buyers globally.
We are looking for a responsible custodian to maintain and protect our facilities. The external and internal appearance of a building reflects on the occupants. It is important for a custodian, or janitor, to be careful and thorough in working, cleaning and tidying the premises, as well as preventing vandalism.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in a custodian role focused on building upkeep. They will have great physical endurance to cover a large space. A keen eye for detail and diligence are also imperative in custodial maintenance jobs.
– Ensure spaces are prepared for the next day by taking out trash, tidying furniture and dusting surfaces
– Sweep and mop floors and vacuum carpets
– Wash and sanitize toilets, sinks and showers and restock disposables (e.g. soap)
– Wipe mirrors and windows
– Maintain outer premises by watering plants, mowing lawn, cleaning entrances
– Utilize insecticides to prevent infestation by dangerous pests
– Perform maintenance and minor repairs (replacing broken switches, fixing door handles, minor leaks etc.)
– Report major damages and oversee repairs
– Secure facilities after operating hours by locking doors, closing windows and setting up the alarm
– Undertake occasional custodial and janitorial tasks (shoveling snow from the sidewalk, lifting heavy items, moving chairs etc.)
– Proven experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role
– Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances
– Knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components
– Familiarity with basic landscaping and handyman practices
– Attention to detail and conscientiousness
– Very good physical condition and strength
– High school diploma is preferred but not required
Tagged as: custodian